Wednesday, May 24, 2006

a good year

Well today was the official end of our school year. We had a final party at our co-op. It in itself was bittersweet. I am so looking forward to a break so I can get some stuff done around here. But I will miss the fun and anticipation of Wednesday. The ladies in the co-op are my sisters in Christ and in education. They are my friends. My goal next year is to get to know someone I didn't know this past year.
My oldest will be 16 in November. Where did the time go. Here I have a young woman in my home and an infant and in between two other young boys. It boggles my mind how God trust me with raising all of them. I am so inadequate for the job, yet Christ calls me to train them up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. Lately I have been challenged in my parenting attitudes and philosophies. I do not want my children leaving my home needing years of therapy but knowing that they are loved and cherished. I want them to have the confidence that they will become what Christ has set out for them. I feel like this summer is a time of refreshing and revitalization. Last summer, we were preparing to move, to have a baby and start a new curriculum. I am praying that we will all prepare our hearts and lives for what God will bring.

3 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

tog_mom,

I know what you mean with the time seeming to speed away. Our oldest is "only" 9... but it seems like yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital; all brand-new and exciting. We had no clue what we were doing as parents (still don't oftentimes).

Now, he has a brother... and two sisters. Who'd-a-thunk we'd have four children... and seek the Lord for more?

May the Lord bless your efforts to train them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord!

Blessings,
Billy Joe Jim Bob

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You're doing a great job juggling, and I think your kids definitely know their parents love them. We're all inadequate... I guess that's the great thing, since it ensures that we don't think we can do it on our own. I'm guilty of that every day, and I only have preschoolers. And YES, the time seems to go faster the older we get. Why is it that when you become a parent the days seem so long and the years seem so short???

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Teena said...

it is me Teena~ from the haven.

I am right there with you~ hang in there....

HUGS
Teena

 

Post a Comment

<< Home